2008-02-06

The life of thoughts

sent a question to chip yesterday:
“There is something I´ve been wondering about for some years now. They say you shall stop the thoughts. But what about the “movements” that occur in the thoughtless mind? In the meditation this morning “I realised” that it was like summerclouds changing shape and form constantly. You know, this sudden knowledge without thinking it. Are those movements also considered “thoughts”. It is kind of nice, a soft touch to it.”

Her answer was: “Yes, they are considered very subtle thoughts. Good for you!! Treat them the same way you've been treating the more gross ones.”

So, that is thoughts too! Very nice thoug as they had no subject to talk about. J

In the meditation this morning I encountered something else. I was listening to the thoughts. I already know that all thoughts is not “mine”. So, while listening to them I thought “they have the right to live too”. Then I pushed them aside instead of “deleting” them. It was like hearing somebody talk in another room. One can listen if one likes or one can ignore them.

Once, many years ago when I was training the mind to block thoughts, I had a very fun experience. There was a thought that actually hid itself from me. Looking up behind the eyebrows as a kid behind your sholder. I think that from that day I always thought about them as “entities”. They really like to live, don´t they?

In the Dzogchen book they don´t seem to agree whether things exist or not. And what criteria it has to meet to exist. Some seem to think that whatever changes is polluted and therefore nonexisting. Only static is “real”. It is disturbing that the different schools don´t agree on certain things.

I can only go from what I have experienced. I don´t see a static, nonmoving universe as “real”. I see the flowing everchanging universe as real. And everything in it. I have experienced the emotion of frustration as a darkbrown bar floating through two people. Thick and large enough to be touchable. I have noticed love coming as a separate “package” between two people. I have noticed thoughts with “it´s own life”. I have seen the world go transparent. Tenderness with the color of green. I have passed throu invisible doors in the forest, being welcomed. I have meet a young man with a huge aura. So big I had to step aside to make room for it. A week later it was back to normal. Everything seem to be separate within the same unity. The invisible sensed. As it is all One, a part can not be polluted.


Can I say some of my experiences is polluted or unreal? No I can´t.

Think I stop there for now. Will be more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment