2008-02-08

Compassion

In the Dzochen book I read about Compassion.

The first noble truth is “the truth of suffering”, they say.

To know your own suffering so well it expands to the entire creation. Well, as far as I know I don´t lack that. Even as a young kid I felt sorry for those that abused me.

The book says:
In short then, genuine compassion is cultivated when we have two factors within our mind. The first is a deep insight into how suffering is the nature of life in the cycle of existence in general, along with a feeling of its unbearebleness. The second is to realixe the sameness of ourselves and others: we all have the natural tendency to seek happiness and to try to avoid suffering.
and so forth……….. that insight would lead to a genuine compassion.

So, if one is born with it? Are you to be extra punished then?

I seem to have most of the qualities the book says (if I get it right), why am I not going anywhere?


Today I see it, act upon it, but do not bother as much as I used to. It did bother me to feel sorry for those who hurted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment