2006-09-09

Love and other emotions.

When I read scientific articles about the brain and soul I always get stunned. They seem to find brainfunctions for almost everything. They find “godgenes”. They enquire the free will. And a lot more.

This makes me think. I have had OBE:s and I have “seen” the watcher. “I AM “ has spoken to me. I have “peeked” into the window of the Universal awareness. This is all “above” body-brain level as I understand it. Nowhere have I felt “love”.

The human emotions comes from brain functions. Triggered by the senses and formed by chemicals. Then distributed by nerves.

As we consider “love” to be a positive feeling is due to a “rewarding” system in the brain. In a way you can say that it is equal to drug addiction. You get addicted to it. So you want more “love”. Science has revealed the entire workings of “falling in love” to long term deep love. It is well described.

Now, what I feel as the “real me” don´t seem to have any emotions. At least I can´t figure out what is “really” my own reactions and not a brain generated one. I don´t trust that the emotions is “my own”. I have to question them all. Emotions makes me go highwild at times, yet I know they are not truly mine. They are related to the body. Not me. But body /ego, is strong and tries to fool me.

What Star describes about peoples reactions in a crash-situation shows people detached from “themselves” as she also says. But I would draw a different conclusion. What they do might seem like a “loving” action. But it is not. I think that they just see there are things to be done, and they do it. They are saving those that are not supposed to die in that crash. No “love” involved, just a part of the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/9/06 23:24

    Posted: Sep 10 2006, 03:18 AM in “LOVE” thread SDF The Reluctant….
    run2white

    I find the subject fascinating, Aurora. I too, have looked at studies of brain functions from the position of understanding brain disorders or illnesses. I have also participated a great deal in controlled discussions and have lived intimately with the effects of chemical imbalances outside of myself.

    In this limited research and study, I came to conclusions that differed from the scientific analysis. There is much that science doesn't concern itself with when studying the functions of the brain.

    My opinion is that the brain acts as a gateway, like a system of circuits and breakers that distribute and control chemical dynamics in response to physical (bodily) intelligence as well as other outside influences––not actually creating the stimulus within the brain itself. I think that the brain is more of a vessel or responder and less of an originator than generally accepted.

    Your statement about not experiencing love is additionally intriguing. In my only OBE, I felt nothing. No love, no fear. Just peace. My opinion is that the love is there and real as a universal force outside our ability of control, but we experience it through the chemical reaction of our bodies, as well as our ethereal body of mind in unknown ways. We generally use the term ‘love’ to describe those special feelings, but I think love is much more encompassing than this alone. I believe it’s this universal force of love that makes available the experience of peace.

    with run2whites permission

    ReplyDelete
  2. rdlo QUOTE (SDF)
    ""Just" part of the brain? There seems to be no "just" about it. It's apparently a very important part of the brain and life. Can you imagine life without loving anyone or anything?"

    I was talking of the true me. Actually, I can imagining a life without loving. There are feelings superior to that. As human "love" only serves as a mean for the continuing of the speices I question if this really are "my" choise. We don´t choose our "loves". That makes it less noble as I see it.

    ReplyDelete