2006-09-10

Importance of body

Half asleep this morning, my mind analysed the human body situation. Let´s se if I can reconstruct it.

In the early ages of man a person wasborn, lived and died without leaving traces, other then offsprings.

It is no wonder today, that people seem to overvalue the body. We are intangled so heavy that the body seem to be the only important thing. I am soon moving, and my parents are old. Can die any day. Or ten year from now. This makes me analyse things as you have seen.

In times when I want to kill myself, my biggest concern is that people has to deal with “removing” me. But that will come one day anyway. Like it will be with my parents.

“removing” a dead person is a big job. We are so insnared in systems. There is a lot of stuff to be thrown out. Contracts to resign (?). Memberships to finish. Cars, boats and houses to be sold and shared by the heirs. Sometimes it takes years to remove a dead person. And sometimes it seems impossible and it´s “death_house” lives on for years. Even when we are dead they need us to buy a new TV-set to watch the football games.

No wonder why people think body is all there is. There is no place for soul. And even when some activities are directed to save the soul, it always end up making that body richer.

Well, that last part was not entirly fair. But when I look at Internet, there is almost always money involved. We can not be free of the system. Even enlightened people has to feed themselves.

I wish there was a place one could move to, that would let you free yourself of all those outer attachments. That allowed you to have no possessions and no income that traps you to tax-systems. A place were you could only exist. And when you die there would only be one note in the files of living.

Saying:
body is discontinued, soul returned to source.

1 comment:

  1. quote
    "But one must also be wary of becoming attached to poverty."

    True, but that nice little cave on Hawaii would not be that bad. :-)

    Thinking of the meaning of "poverty". That word has a negative tone to it. But in fact, you can be very rich even if you have no or just a few possessions. So, we are back to "attitude". Right?

    ReplyDelete