2006-10-22

Cleaning windows

061022
Closing in on M-day I decided to clean all the windows this weekend. There are 3 rooms and a kitchen windows. With small and large windows it made up to 9 windows. Each one having 3 glasses. That makes 27 glasses with 2 sides. All in all 54 sides to clean. Opening the windows I realized that this is the year when all the seal-tapes has rottened. NOOOOOOOo, has to take it all away. That was NOT fun. And the sleepingroom window. The balcony was changed a year ago and the window painted on the outher side. I could not open the window. They closed it before the color had dried. So, now it was impossible to open and the inner glasses is not cleaned.

Have you ever cleaned a large livingroom window with 3 glasses?? The outher sides are no problem, but the rest. As there are 3 glasses you can´t open them as much as you should need. So, when you clean the inner part of the glass your back is scrubbing the other glass that is not yet cleaned. Then when you turn and clean the other side you turn your dirty back to the cleaned window. Fun, ain´t it???

Then you realize that what ever you do in life you affect other lifeforms. This weekend a lot of spiders either died of became homeless. Not that I love spiders that much, but they have a life to live too.

Somehow I can relate this cleaning to the spiritual path I am on. You are planning the work as to how is normally is. Then obstacles appear. Things you did not expect. And it takes double the time you have counted on. And a lot of things surfaces that you did not count on. Those 4 windows took me about 8 h to clean. All in all. Disturbing a lot of spiders.

I tried to use the Watcher mode when I started to get annoyed, but only manage to do it partially. Don´t even know if it was the Watcher or if I happily fooled myself.

chip, at least I tried.




edited:
later I remembered one thing. The red plastic bowl that I used for the cleaning is the very same bowl that my daughter had her first bath in. She is born 1968. Sometimes things lasts. :-) I will keep the bowl even if this is now one of the things I will leave behind.

1 comment: