2006-07-25

Dark Night to Enlightenment

Spirit-soul, meditation-contemplation. The book of St John seem to confuse spirit-soul too. It talks rarely about meditation as it seem to think this is no time for medtiation as it does not work. It seems as he uses contemplation as a mean for the Divine to work with the spirit-soul. So far I have no understanding that the contemplating should be done by the human. I don´t understand the book compleately though. There are so many things that fits to my situation. But also some that I don´t recognice. For instance, I don´t have that religious background. I lack the memory of a “wonderful and loving God”. Maybe that was in an earlier lifetime. It seems as the soul can never be sure of if it is “finished”. He mention that often the soul think it is but some impurities still reamain and thus it starts all over again. This is actually the first one christian one I managed to read.

So, I finished it. The book ends at the 10th stage when the soul leaves the body. You are not done until your body is dead.

Later I found a letter from Eddie. Read it throu. It gives a slightly different view of Enlightenment. Guess that The Dark Night is a map of the road to Enlightenment, while Enlightenment is another way of describing the result. And how to live with it.

Eddies response to a SDF-post dated 050413 (LOVE, ILLUSION….)

If knowledge was enough, I would have been The Absolute long ago. But clearly there has to be that cleaning and you can´t do that by yourself. Just one thing, nowhere do we see the reason why it is so difficult to get there. If we come here to Earth, only to struggle all that much, to get back to where we came from?? Eddie gives an answer. “God loves experiences, all of them…” is that right? I remember I had that thought some years ago. The Universe is curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment