2007-05-07

Shortcuts

Have to write this down, as I might need it later on, if I get too self-assured.

I am reading a paper that adresses Richard Roses teaching. And, once more, I make the same notion.

Why is it that every awakened master tries to find “shortcuts” for his/her disciples? It seem to be very common and I don´t understand it. Because they themselves were not able to follow another masters created shortcuts. Why do they believe others will be able to follow theirs?

I think it is very bad to create expectations of having an easier path. Because as I see it, there are no shortcuts. It is good that they try to explain what is to be excpected, think everyone needs that, but to tell us there is “easier ways” is to mislead us and make more obstacles on our path. Because we then get trapped in “this is how you go about it” and then you stumble. Only the Universe knows where and how to lead us through.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15/5/07 17:26

    Hi Aurora,
    Shortcuts, well, no not really. But finding out what you really are may not need years and years of struggle. Maybe it can be done in a couple of hours or maybe just in one instant, given the right stimulus.
    The problem is that once you have decided that the path is hard then you will reject a simple instant answer. And if you have decided that the answer must fit with a whole load of preconceptions, then maybe it will not be this lifetime.
    For me the answer to what I am is very,very simple.
    But you must discover for yourself what you are and you must KNOW it to be true.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, thanks fro responding.

    If it can be done in a coupld of hours, then the person must have done the major work in other lifetimes. I think it is impossible to just decide how or what it should be or is. We don´t have that information.

    But you are probably right, the answer is mostly very simple, once it is known. ;)

    ReplyDelete