2007-05-25

Fear of death

Still reading that paper about R Rose. The first chapters made me angry, now in chapter 9 I am so bored. First, the man writing the paper is comparing Rose with every other teacher he can find. It is like Roses teachings cant “stand on its own two legs”. If this teaching is truly pure, it need no comparisons to prove it is real. People who reads it or listen to it would know from inside if it is a true one.

Now they are talking about the body again. How many pages does it take to explain we normally think we are the body ? And, do people really believe that? So far there has been no talking about what I see as relevant. Do you define yourself as the body or as the mind? In this book it seems they like the body. I don´t think people define themselves as a body that much. This only feels like blablabla…to me. Can´t they stop talking and get down to business?

And the eternal question of DEATH. Is all this just a question of mind fearing death? I start to think so. Everywhere in this search it comes to eternal life and cheating death. What is The Absolute, the final Truth? Just a way of escaping “true death”? Mind/ego fooling itself to believe in eternal existence?


Oh my…………..why are they so damned afraid of death?

No comments:

Post a Comment