2007-01-27

Knowledge

To gather knowledge is a peculier thing, and I think I do it in a peculier way. The other day I realized what I do. And always have done. Or, rather, it became clear. And that is the reason why I never remember names, designations or details. What I get is an understanding of how things works, but I can almost never explain it properly unless I learn it consciously.

What I do when I read scientific papers or watch programs on TV is that I kind of open a door inside myself. Then I let the article or program reside in there and I let the subconscious determine wether what I see or read is true and how it works. If it seems untrue or false, I leave it, if it seems uncertain I leave it for further information before it becomes “true” for me. What comes out is an understanding but the details it is based upon is mostly not remembered.

A strange way, I know, but that is how I work. And that is why I almost never can explain things in a scientific way, only how I feel it works. Also, when an understaning is reached, it rarely changes. Guess that is also why I never could join any religion. They just don´t ring true. Too much uncertainty and false assumptions.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/2/07 06:10

    Thats how I am, I cant remember names and all the details. Or I did and I forgot! I really cant remember like I used to, nor do I want to.

    ReplyDelete